Breasts are part of the endocrine system responding to hormonal changes occurring at puberty, menstrual periods and menopause and producing milk following the giving of birth. Having healthy, well-shaped breasts is important for most women and psychological distress is not an uncommon consequence of misshaped, too small or too large breasts, almost every women’s magazine will give tips for developing well-shaped breasts and millions of rupees are spent each year on breasts enlargements or breast reduction.
The breasts are made of glandular tissue supported by fibrous bands and interspersed with fatty cells which swell and are some times visible during pregnancy and periods. The nipple is made of erectile tissues similar to that found on the lips or vagina which responds to sexual stimulation.
A woman’s breasts also change each month, with her menstrual cycle. During the menstrual cycle, breast is smallest on days 4-7, and then begins to enlarge, under the influence of estrogen and later progesterone and prolactin. Maximum breast size occurs just prior to the onset of menses. The breasts also change as a woman gets older. Different sizes of breast are not uncommon and do not necessarily indicate diseases
Except post-natally, when milk glands are working hard, breast tissue is largely fat, laid down and maintained by action of female sex hormone oestrogen; since fat distribution is determined genetically, losing or putting on weight is not an infallible way of reducing or increasing breast size; however, if you are overweight and suffer from pain in neck and shoulders because your breasts are too heavy for the muscles which support them, do try to lose weight; if you are underweight, extra calories will enable you to lay down more fat, which will encourage oestrogen production. Breast reduction is occasionally necessary on medical grounds, breast augmentation almost never.
Homeopathy symptoms and cure
Homeopathy offers a number of remedies for enlarged or shrunken breasts and associated symptoms; Homeopathic remedies are prescribed on the basis of symptoms rather than conditions, as each case of a particular illness can manifest differently in different people. There are many symptoms which can be effectively treated by homeopathy few symptoms are given below. If your symptoms are matching to any of the symptoms given below, it can be cured mail the disease and symptom number at email@example.com to know your medicine.
1. Tender ness of the rest of the breast, which feels hard, the breast is painful even from the touch of clothes or when out walking.
2. Breast hard as stone worse right or left breast, lips dry and parched, tongue coated thick white. Psychologically patient is irritable and wants to be alone, does not want to be touched or moved, headache, feels as if head would burst.
3. Breasts large because of fluid retention.
4. Breasts heavy and pendulous, especially if woman is obese, pale, and prone to sweats and chills.
5. Enlargement associated with pain and tenderness.
6. Enlargement associated with darting pains.
7. Small, flaccid breasts which enlarge and harden before period.
8. Gradual loss of fatty tissue, bluish-red lumps in skin of breasts, tendency to feel hot all the time.
9. Breasts poorly developed or wrinkled and shrunken.
10. Breast is hard to touch, heavy and painful.